In the spirit of Thanksgiving, and taking a cue from Janet’s Acknowledgments and Best Sights of Yellowstone pages in Yellowstone Treasures, Updated Fourth Edition, here are some of the people and places we are thankful for:
- Artist Point, an incomparable view of the Lower Falls and the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone River
- our geology advisers, Bruno Giletti and Jo-Ann Sherwin, along with our other team members
- the Geyser Observation and Study Association and other supporting organizations
- Great Fountain Geyser, whose tall and exciting eruptions are safe to witness at close range
- Inspiration Point, with its outstanding view of Canyon colors
- Old Faithful Inn, the immense hundred-year-old log building that rivals its namesake geyser in beauty and interest
- the park rangers who protect Yellowstone and educate visitors
- the Yellowstone Heritage and Research Center
- you, our readers, who have kept us going since 2002!
Photo credits: The dusky grouse is an NPS photo in the public domain.