2019 Winter Closing Dates
Roads will close to oversnow travel by snowmobile and snowcoach at 9 pm on the following dates:
- March 1: East Entrance to Lake Butte Overlook (Sylvan Pass)
- March 3: Mammoth Hot Springs to Norris
- March 5: Norris to Madison, Norris to Canyon Village
- March 10: Canyon Village to Fishing Bridge
- March 15: All remaining groomed roads close.
2019 Spring Opening Dates
Conditions permitting, roads will open to regular (public) vehicles at 8 am on the following dates:
- April 19: West Entrance to Madison Junction, Mammoth Hot Springs to Old Faithful, Norris to Canyon Village.
- May 3: East Entrance to Lake Village (Sylvan Pass), Canyon Village to Lake Village.
- May 10: South Entrance to West Thumb, Lake Village to West Thumb, West Thumb to Old Faithful (Craig Pass), Tower Junction to Tower Fall.
- May 24: Tower Fall to Canyon Village (Dunraven Pass)
- May 24: Beartooth Highway
Credits: The image is the overview map on pages 1-2 of Yellowstone Treasures. The helpful National Park Service Park Roads page provides the dates listed here and a live road map you can use to find out which roads you can drive on today.