Yellowstone Treasures: The Traveler’s Companion to the National Park
Updated Sixth Edition (May 2020)
This book makes you the tour guide for your group! Janet Chapple shares plenty of history anecdotes and her tips to spot wildlife, catch geyser eruptions, stay safe, and escape the crowds. Mile-by-mile road logs document every approach to the park and every interior road. For this sixth edition, editor Beth Chapple and geologist Jo-Ann Sherwin revised the introduction, active geyser and hot spring descriptions, geology chapter, and more. A field guide to the plants and animals, a selected reading list, and a 21-page index round out this comprehensive book. Also available in three e-book formats. Winner of the 2018 and 2010 IBPA Benjamin Franklin Silver Award in Travel.
Where else to buy
- Buy from Bookshop’s listing to fund independent bookstores.
- Buy today from an online or brick-and-mortar bookseller such as Barnes & Noble, or Amazon.com.
- Contact our distributor, Independent Publishers Group, at (800) 888-4741.
- Booksellers and librarians in the USA and Canada can find us on Edelweiss Plus and purchase via Ingram Wholesale.
What we updated for the sixth edition
Among other updates, the edition published in May 2020 boasts:
- New and enlarged color photos—adding up to more than 230 photos and illustrations
- A new time line of the geology, starting with the ancient granites and gneisses of the Beartooth Plateau
- 38 new and revised maps that show more mountains and other details
- Up-to-date scientific information to reflect current research on what’s under Yellowstone and how it works
- High-quality paper certified by the Forest Stewardship Council
On this website, we have a Special Bundle!
Get one Yellowstone Treasures, Updated Sixth Edition guidebook and one Through Early Yellowstone coffee table book, all for $40 plus shipping.
- Read news releases, download photos, and find out more in our Media Kit.
- Book Excerpts: Sample Pages
- From Our Readers
- The features of Yellowstone Treasures
- How to find great hikes: The hiker icons and a chart of Recommended Short Walks at the back of the book help you choose.
- Hints about the tints: The color of each sidebar and road log section gives a clue to its contents.
- Table of Contents