Yellowstone Treasures: The Traveler’s Companion to the National Park
Updated Fifth Edition (2017)
Thoroughly covering the world’s first national park, this fifth edition of the popular guide to Yellowstone revises the descriptions of the hot springs, geysers, and wildlife viewing spots. The book features mile-by-mile road logs, charts of Yellowstone’s campgrounds and facilities, maps of the geyser basins and predictions of the geyser eruptions, and out-of-the-way hikes. Updated with new lodgings, recent research, 65 new color photos, and revised maps. Also available in three e-book formats. Winner of the 2017 IBPA Benjamin Franklin Silver Award in Travel.
- Over 200 pictures, both historical and recent
- 37 full-color maps
- Travel tips, including what weather to expect
- Thorough 21-page index
- Field guide to the plants and animals
Where else to buy
- NEW! Buy direct from Bookshop’s listing to fund independent bookstores.
- Or buy from another online or brick-and-mortar bookseller, including the Montana Historical Society store (members get a 15% discount!), Barnes & Noble, or Amazon.com.
- Contact our distributor, Independent Publishers Group, at (800) 888-4741.
- Booksellers in the USA and Canada can also purchase via Ingram Wholesale.
What we updated for the fifth edition
The guidebook gives you all the possibilities, without prescribing for you what you should do or see. Among other updates, the edition published in June 2017 boasts:
- 65 new color photos. A summer 2016 photo contest yielded the wonderful new cover photo by Stephen Michael Gryc, among others.
- Revised maps that show recent road changes and other details
- Up-to-date scientific information to reflect current research on what’s under Yellowstone and how it works
- Revisions to the glossary of geological and other scientific terms
- High-quality paper certified by the Forest Stewardship Council
- Read news releases, download photos, and find out more in our Media Kit.
- Book Excerpts: Sample Pages
- From Our Readers
- The features of Yellowstone Treasures
- How to find great hikes: The hiker icons and a chart of Recommended Short Walks at the back of the book help you choose.
- Hints about the tints: The color of each sidebar and road log section gives a clue to its contents.
- Table of Contents