These Nuggets are articles that were specially written for this website, about park features, animals, and plants. Sift through the Nuggets below for one that catches your eye.
- Color a wildflower
- The elk of Yellowstone Park
- Where are all the bears?
- Wildflowers in the Yellowstone region . . . and More wildflowers
- Yellowstone for birders
- Yellowstone Park and the Quest for the Origin of Life, Part I . . . and Part II
Geysers and Hot Springs
- A Yellowstone rock in the Smithsonian, Part I . . . and Part II
- Cool facts about hot springs and geysers
- Hot springs and pools of many colors
- Mammoth Hot Springs
- Watching Old Faithful Geyser
- West Thumb Geyser Basin
- Wonderful geysers not to miss
- The Yellowstone rock factory
- Are there really fish fossils on this mountain?
- Geological time line
- How did these mountains get striped?
- The Yellowstone Caldera
- The Yellowstone hot spot, Part I . . . and Part II
- The Yellowstone Supervolcano
- An unforgettable hike
- How to find great hikes in Yellowstone
- Short hikes to see lakes
- Six hikes near Yellowstone Lake
Trip Reports and Memoirs
What to See
About Yellowstone Treasures
Janet Chapple’s Other Writings
- Savoring France, Part I . . . and then Switzerland, Part II
- Rotorua hydrothermal areas of New Zealand
- Yellowstone, Land of Wonders