Updated Fifth Edition (2017; reprinted 2018)
Buy now!direct from the publisher
Covering everything there is to know about the world’s first and most diverse national park, the fifth edition of this best-selling guide to Yellowstone boasts more facts, anecdotes, history, and travel tips than ever before. Mile-by-mile road logs document every approach to the park and every interior road. Through easy-to-understand explanations and diagrams, readers will learn of Yellowstone’s campgrounds and facilities, geyser basins and the frequency of the geysers, out-of-the-way hikes, and flora and fauna. The guidebook gives you all the possibilities, without prescribing for you what you should do or see.
- Recommended short hikes and walking tours of the geyser basins
- Travel tips, including what weather to expect
- Over 200 pictures, both historical and recent
- 37 full-color maps
Where else to buy
What we updated for the fifth edition
Among other updates, the edition that came out in 2017 added:
- 65 new color photos. A summer 2016 photo contest yielded the wonderful new cover photo by Stephen Michael Gryc, among others.
- Revised maps that show recent road changes and other details
- Up-to-date scientific information to reflect current research on what’s under Yellowstone and how it works
- Revisions to the glossary of geological and other scientific terms
- High-quality paper certified by the Forest Stewardship Council