Updated Fifth Edition (2017; reprinted 2018)
Buy now!direct from the publisher
SALE! Get your copy for $10.00.
Bulk discount of 20% if you buy three or more. See our order information page.
Covering everything there is to know about the world’s first and most diverse national park, the fifth edition of this best-selling guide to Yellowstone boasts more facts, anecdotes, history, and travel tips than ever before. Mile-by-mile road logs document every approach to the park and every interior road. Through easy-to-understand explanations and diagrams, readers will learn of Yellowstone’s campgrounds and facilities, geyser basins and the frequency of the geysers, out-of-the-way hikes, and flora and fauna. The guidebook gives you all the possibilities, without prescribing for you what you should do or see.
- Recommended short hikes and walking tours of the geyser basins
- Travel tips, including what weather to expect
- Over 200 pictures, both historical and recent
- 37 full-color maps
Where else to buy
What we updated for the fifth edition
Among other updates, the edition that came out in 2017 added:
- 65 new color photos. A summer 2016 photo contest yielded the wonderful new cover photo by Stephen Michael Gryc, among others.
- Revised maps that show recent road changes and other details
- Up-to-date scientific information to reflect current research on what’s under Yellowstone and how it works
- Revisions to the glossary of geological and other scientific terms
- High-quality paper certified by the Forest Stewardship Council