Yellowstone Treasures Buy now!
Updated Fourth Edition (2013; reprinted 2015)
Covering everything there is to know about the world’s first and most diverse national park, the fourth edition of this best-selling guide to Yellowstone boasts more facts, anecdotes, history, and travel tips than ever before. Mile-by-mile road logs document every approach to the park and every interior road. Through easy-to-understand explanations and diagrams, readers will learn of Yellowstone’s campgrounds and facilities, geyser basins and the frequency of the geysers, out-of-the-way hikes, and flora and fauna.
- Recommended short hikes and walking tours of the geyser basins
- Travel tips, including what weather to expect
- Over 200 pictures, both historical and recent
- 37 full-color maps
Where else to buy
Since this edition of the book is now out of print, look for it where used books are sold.
What we updated for the fourth edition
The guidebook gives you all the possibilities, without prescribing for you what you should do or see. Among other updates, the edition that came out in August 2013 added:
- Color tabs to indicate the six sections of the park and their approach roads
- A dozen new pictures
- Fully revised maps that show recent road changes and other details
- Highlighted historic items in the road logs
- Up-to-date scientific information to reflect current research on what’s under Yellowstone and how it works
- A new glossary of geological and other scientific terms