RESULTS: This contest ran until August 19, 2016. Grand Prize winner was Stephen Michael Gryc, composer and geyser gazer, whose photo of Old Faithful Geyser was chosen for the cover of Yellowstone Treasures fifth edition (2017). Interior photos by three other contest entrants made it into the book and can still be seen in the current sixth edition (2020) on pages 44 (bison in winter), 81 (Beehive Geyser), and 90 (Riverside Geyser, pictured). The photographers’ names are Leslie S. Anderson, Karen Hawley, and Scott Schug. Congratulations!
We will keep these rules up in case they should come in handy in the future.
- Photos (see our wish list) must be taken within Yellowstone National Park, except in the case of a Grand Teton National Park subject for the interior.
- Photos may be from any time period, though recent photos are encouraged.
- No image manipulation permitted outside of cropping and simple color correction.
- Complete information must be provided about the photographer and the photo.
- There is no payment for use of photos. By entering your photo, you agree to our
Terms and conditions.
Please send us your high-resolution photo or a link for easily downloading the photo, in an e-mail. Files should be suitable for printing, and preferably at least 7 x 10 inches at 300 dpi.
In the body of the email, include the following information. (Your contact information will not be published.)
- Photographer’s name (First and last)
- City, state or province, and country of residence
- E-mail address and daytime phone number
- Twitter handle and Instagram username if any
- Date the photo was taken
- Where the photo was taken
- A brief description of your photo. Please include details. For example, what was the occasion and what camera did you use? Please limit text to 50 words.
E-mail to: webmaster @ yellowstonetreasures.com
Terms and conditions
- By submitting a photo you represent that the photo is your own work and you legally possess copyright.
- Entries must be received by the end of the day Friday, August 19, 2016, unless contest organizers announce a deadline extension. Winners will be selected by Janet and Beth Chapple by the end of August 2016. Winner need not be present to win. One grand-prize winner will receive current editions of both Granite Peak Publications books, Yellowstone Treasures and Through Early Yellowstone, and perhaps have the honor of having their photo published on the cover of Yellowstone Treasures. An undetermined number of additional winners will have their photos included in the fifth edition of Yellowstone Treasures. No cash equivalent or substitution of any prize is offered.
- Winners of the photo contest will be notified, by phone or e-mail, on or around Aug. 31, 2016. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received.
- By entering the photo contest, entrants grant Granite Peak Publications the right to publish their submitted image in Yellowstone Treasures, both print and e-book versions, as well as online and on social media in association with the contest. For any photo included on the covers or in the Yellowstone Treasures guidebook, the entrant’s name will be published among the other photo credits for the book. For all other purposes, the entrant maintains copyright for the image.
- Granite Peak Publications is not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected entries or any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. The contest can be canceled, terminated, modified or suspended at any time for any reason by Granite Peak Publications.
- Entrants agree to release all contest sponsors from any and all liability resulting from participation in the contest or use of any prize won. Granite Peak Publications further reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including information on contest entrants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
- This contest is sponsored by Granite Peak Publications, Lake Forest Park, Washington, USA.